Keeping Up With Allons-y

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Girl's Camp...in the running for the happiest place on Earth

This last week I went to a Girl's Camp about 45 min. from beautiful Lake Tahoe. This camp is through a Mormon church and accompanied by three of my best friends and a giant duffel bag I headed up for my fifth year at this beautiful forest oasis. As a fifth year at at the camp, I was considered a 'big sister' meaning the 1st-4th years were the 'little sisters' and two years of 'big sisters' watched over them and helped them out with skits and the like. Each group of 'big sisters' gets assigned one group of 'little sisters' with a theme. My 'little sisters' were all fourth years and sadly didn't need as much help as the first years or second years per say but I still loved helping them with their skit for their theme...Alice in Wonderland. Before they arrived we decorated their 'bunk house' and their table in the dining pavilion(which feeds us A-mazing food).

A table isn't a table without a Cheshire Cat



Tilt your head...and look down the rabbit hole...
I'll fix this pic as soon as I can...
Camp is such a great experience every year, starting from the first moment you step on to the ground you're swept away by the kindness and true caring you feel. You meet these amazing girls your first year and every year you go back they're there and sometimes you become friends with them outside of camp, and there you go, you have a new best friend. I'm lucky enough to have three of my best friends; Megan, Kaely, and Isabella; coming with me on my mountain adventure with meadows and ponds galore. 

The mysterious...'FREMONT' on the bridge
Megan being the 'big sister' theme: Lost Girls of Neverland
We heart...
Girl's Camp!
Breathtaking isn't it?
And then we have Isabella's alter ego... the Isabeast
A highlight of camp is to come up with skits for 'campfire'. For our 'Alice in Wonderland' skit we appointed all the girls from our unit to be a character from Disney's version of AiW. We were lucky enough to have identical triplets in our group and they became the three white rabbits...so they could say 'I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date' in unison of course! All of our characters did a great job at campfire, but here's some pics of the rehearsal!

"It's a Golden Afternoon!" for these flowers
Three white rabbits?
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum with pillow tummies
I'm so happy I was able to enjoy the beautiful people, landscape, and lessons learned at camp once again this year and I can't wait to go back next year and do it all over again! and of course see these amazing people:

My amazing 'little sisters'
Lookin' sharp Kaely and Jessica!
Until next year Girl's camp and until my next blog people of the internet(hint it's about my wonderful sister Ashley's house!) Jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment